I love Etsy at Christmas because it is the hard work of small businesses across the UK. Where possible I shop local but there are definitely times when online shopping is needed – especially when 8 months pregnant with heavily swollen ankles!
Etsy is like a huge online market-place where small businesses get to show off their talents and sell their wares. A browse through their extensive collections will bring something for everyone this Christmas.
Although it’s only November as I write this, I have had a great time searching through Etsy’s Christmas decs this year to find some perfect pieces for the festive season 2017.
Here are my favourites –
1. Each year we buy handmade decorations with the kids’ names on and this year we are going for these little reindeer. Nana B’s Workshop in London has a few personalised decs you can choose from at just £2.50 each, but the reindeer are by far our favourites – and you even get to choose the bow colour.
2. All About The Pom Poms create beautiful bespoke wreaths in Manchester – if you can’t see what you want in their photo album, just get in touch directly and give them your requirements. Traditional colours regularly appear in the shop but non-traditional designs are welcome.
Made to order designs will be with you within a week and are reasonably priced starting at £17. With two sizes and a whole range of colours you can have a bespoke wreath made exactly how you want it.
3. For any bookworms out there, these beautiful Christmas book baubles will be right up your Street. Made by Bookity in London who have a whole range of fab bookish gifts, they are a steal at £11 for a pack of 10!
Perfectly sized to adorn trees and bookshelves alike, they fold down flat for storage and can be used Year on year.
4. Orchard Vintage Shop in Cambridge offer a little vintage chic for your home this Christmas. With a whole range of beautiful goodies to choose from it is impossible not to be drawn to the sparkling gorgeousness of decs like these glamourous decadent beauties –
5. Little Orchard Crafts in Weybridge have these beautiful snowflake garlands which start at the bargain price of just £3.50.
They are so simple and yet incredibly beautiful – I have already bought a few to match our tree. Choose from plain white or white with gold / silver. A bargain!
6. Jento Crafts in Stevenage have made these incredibly cute button tree decorations – of miniature Christmas trees! Just £2 each they are small but perfectly formed
Choose the colours to match your scheme, or get a variety of them all. Who wouldn’t love these dainty decs with sparkly stars at the top and tiny bells at the bottom?
7. No home is complete at Christmas time without stockings and these beautiful multicoloured Scandi-style are making us swoon!
From Sarah Sews It in Milthorpe, there are coelour variations and personalisation choices so that you can make these beauties look exactly as you wish. Prices £25 a piece.
8. We absolutely love this Christmas family art work – a total bargain with prices starting at £5 (unframed). Made in Newcastle by The Foil Stationery Co this is perfect for the wall of your living room this December.
9. These delicious orange candles from Seoul Candle in Sheffield will be sure to fill your house with the frangrance of the season this December.
With prices starting at just £3.49 these little pots of joy are perfect for your own home or as a gift to someone else.
Joy Nativity Sign– I had to include this one from Up North Sign despite the fact that it is not UK based and they are in fact made in Michigan USA. Deffo not shopping local here but still a small business worth a look!
This classically beautiful piece of steel work is 13 inches wide and 18.5 inches high. It is perfect for indoors or outside and is made to last – this one will be part of your Christmas traditions for years to come.
Although the ‘Joy’ nativity is my absolute favourite, there are other designs available with prices starting at £59.
To find out about the best advent calendars we have found for adults this year – go here.
To find out more about us, family life and whether my ankles ever return to normal, you can find us here.